Modern Office Desks
The modern home office would be incomplete with a modern home office desk. Check out some of the most popular types and features of modern office desks below.
Modern Office Desks: Popular Features and Styles
- Crisp, clean lines. The hallmark of modern style, clean lines, crisp angles and geometric silhouettes bring a chic spin to contemporary minimalism.
- Neutral, subdued colors. While modern style in general favors a small pop or two of colorful décor, when it comes to office desks and other larger designs, nothing says modern-chic quite like neutral ‘non-color’ colors.
- Tapered legs and flared edges. Nothing says modern like tapered legs, and nothing says mid-century modern quite like tapered legs on a writing desk!
- Industrial glass, wood and metal. Modernism – and, in particular, industrial-modernism, has a soft spot for glass, wood and metal. Incorporate them into your modern office desk or other statement piece to prove that the workspace doesn’t have to feel boring or uninspired!
- Streamlined, minimalist silhouettes. In this case, the bare minimum packs a bold style punch. Look for modern office desks with exposed framework, neutral hues and little-to-no decorative accents to help create a workspace at its most focused (and on-trend).
- Tech-friendly + ‘smart’ components. From USB ports to power outlets, modern office desks come with a variety of smart features for effortless compatibility with today’s technology.
- Space-saving trestle bases and legs. Consider a modern office desk with a trestle base – which is a desk design that features two legs instead of four – for more versatile and functional chair placement.
Whether you are looking to complete the look of a modern home office or simply want to add a touch of contemporary elegance to an eclectic or transitional space, the modern office desk is the way to go.