Shop Best Sellers
When you look for the right lamps for your space, it’ important to focus on both their form and function. The form of your lamp includes its shape, material and colors −− the basic design elements common to all home accessories. The function of your lamp, on the other hand, is often determined by its type. For example, ceiling lights are designed to provide a basic wash of light to illuminate the space, while floor lamps can add accent lighting if they point upward or task lighting if they are focused on a table or over your shoulder to shine as you read.
Interior Lighting Tips
Each room typically needs three types of lighting: general illumination, task lighting and accent lighting. General illumination includes overhead lights that light up the whole space and typically are attached to light switches. While many homes stop here, great interior design adds accent lighting to highlight design elements and create the mood. Accent lighting can be anything from a spotlight on your favorite artwork to decorative table lamps that function as a work of art on their own. It’s also common to have accent lighting on shelves and in cabinets with glass doors to highlight your decorative accessories. Finally, consider what activities you do in a room. If you cook, read, knit or do anything that requires strong light, make sure to include reading lamps, desk lamps or other task lighting to shine a bright light on your workspace.
Explore Our Lighting Collection
We have an extensive collection of lamps to choose from so you can create just the right mood and look in any room of your house. Use our handy search filters to find lamps according to their color or function to narrow the field. Whether you’re looking for on−trend metallic finishes or a bold accent color, we have hundreds of choices, including the following:
- Table Lamps: Classic lamps for console and side tables come in a range of colors and materials. Their interesting bases add an element of style to living rooms while smaller versions are perfect for bedside tables and desks.
- Floor Lamps: Floor lamps are the perfect way to give your room’s general lighting a boost when ceiling light fixtures aren’t enough. Torchieres aim light at the ceiling while other floor lamps focus light downward for reading.
- Chandeliers: Multifaceted chandeliers add sparkle and a touch of luxury to your home. Though most commonly hung over a dining table, they can also add elegance to a hall, bedroom or even a bathroom retreat.
- Pendants: Pendant lighting hangs from the ceiling and provides pools of light on a single surface. They're great for task lighting over work tables and kitchen islands.
- Desk Lamps: Industrious designs for more focused light!