Bar Stools Buying Guide
What are the different types of bar stools?
- Backless bar stools: These stools don't have a backrest and are perfect for small spaces or for those who prefer a minimalist look.
- Low back bar stools: These stools have a small backrest that provides some support and comfort while still maintaining a sleek look.
- Full back bar stools: These stools have a full backrest that provides maximum support and comfort. They are perfect for those who plan on sitting for long periods of time.
- Adjustable bar stools: These stools have a hydraulic lift that allows you to adjust the height of the stool to fit your needs.
- Swivel bar stools: These stools have a swivel mechanism that allows you to turn the stool 360 degrees without having to move the entire stool.
What height should bar stools be?When choosing the height of your bar stools, it's important to consider the height of your bar or counter. A good rule of thumb is to choose a stool that is 10 - 12 inches shorter than the height of your bar or counter. For example, if your bar or counter is 42 inches tall, you should choose a stool that is 30 - 32 inches tall.
What materials are bar stools made of?Bar stools can be made from a variety of materials, including:
- Wood: Wood bar stools are durable and can be stained or painted to match your decor.
- Metal: Metal bar stools are sturdy and can be made from a variety of metals, including steel, aluminum, and iron.
- Wicker or rattan: Wicker or rattan bar stools are lightweight and perfect for outdoor use.
- Upholstered: Upholstered bar stools are comfortable and can be made from a variety of fabrics, including leather, vinyl, and microfiber.
When choosing the material for your bar stools, consider the style of your space and the durability of the material.