Entryway Furniture Buying Guide
What are the essential pieces of entryway furniture?
When it comes to furnishing your entryway, there are a few essential pieces of furniture that can enhance both the functionality and style of the space. Consider incorporating the following:
- Console Table: A console table is a versatile and practical piece of furniture that works well in entryways. It provides a surface to display decor items, a place to drop keys and mail, and may include drawers or shelves for additional storage.
- Bench or Hall Tree: A bench or hall tree is a great addition to an entryway, providing a convenient spot to sit down while putting on or taking off shoes. Look for one with built-in storage options such as shoe racks or hooks for hanging coats and bags.
- Mirror: A mirror in the entryway serves both functional and aesthetic purposes. It allows you to check your appearance before heading out and can also make the space feel larger and more open.
- Coat Rack or Hooks: Make sure you have a designated area for hanging coats, hats, and bags. A coat rack or a set of wall hooks can keep the entryway tidy and organized.
How can I maximize storage in my entryway?
Entryways often become catch-all spaces for shoes, bags, and other everyday items. To maximize storage and keep your entryway clutter-free, consider the following options:
- Shoe Storage: Look for shoe storage solutions such as shoe cabinets, shoe benches with compartments, or wall-mounted shoe racks. These can help keep your footwear organized and out of the way.
- Additional Shelving: If you have enough space, consider adding additional shelves or floating shelves above the console table or bench. This provides extra storage for displaying decor items or storing baskets for smaller items.
- Baskets or Storage Containers: Use decorative baskets or storage containers to store items like gloves, scarves, or pet accessories. These can be placed on shelves, inside the console table, or underneath the bench.
- Wall-Mounted Storage: Install hooks, wall-mounted organizers, or a pegboard to hang keys, umbrellas, and other small items. This helps keep frequently used items within reach while maximizing wall space.
What styles of entryway furniture are popular?
Entryway furniture comes in various styles to suit different tastes and interior design themes. Some popular styles include:
- Modern: Modern entryway furniture often features sleek lines, minimalist designs, and a focus on functionality. Look for pieces with clean silhouettes and materials like metal, glass, or polished wood.
- Farmhouse: Farmhouse-style entryway furniture embraces a cozy and rustic aesthetic. Look for pieces with distressed finishes, reclaimed wood, and charming details like barn-style doors or wire baskets.
- Traditional: Traditional entryway furniture showcases timeless elegance and classic designs. Opt for furniture with ornate details, rich wood finishes, and upholstered elements like tufted benches or chairs.
- Mid-Century Modern: Mid-century modern entryway furniture features iconic designs from the mid-20th century. Look for pieces with tapered legs, clean lines, and retro-inspired elements like hairpin legs or geometric patterns.
Consider your personal style and the overall theme of your home when choosing the right style of entryway furniture. By selecting the essential pieces, maximizing storage options, and choosing a style that reflects your taste, you can create a welcoming and functional entryway that sets the tone for your home.