Vases8 items starting at $13
Nowhere else would a bundle of freshly-picked flowers feel more at home than in a beautiful vase. Get started on vase decor for your home with these trends and tips.
- Vases as centerpieces. Even if you choose to leave your vase empty, it will still work beautifully as a centerpiece. You can place vases directly on the table’s surface or over a tablecloth or table runner – just make sure to choose a color that will stand out!
- Vases on bedside tables. A vase in the bedroom is a wonderful idea – choose a design and color you love to complement your bedroom’s style. Bonus points if you include fresh flowers!
- Vases as entryway décor. Place a vase with your favorite flowers in an entryway or foyer to greet your guests with statement style – and sweet aroma! Whether placed on a console table, shelf or accent table, vases are great ways to help a space feel defined.
- Vases as kitchen décor. The kitchen isn’t just for cooking – it’s also for decorating! Place a vase near the sink, along the windowsill or up on a shelf. (Note: Kitchen cabinets also make great storage spaces for vases; especially if you have more vases than you can use at one time, and/or want to store away your summer vases during the winter months and vice versa.)
- Seasonal vases. Speaking of summer vases, switching out your vase decor as the seasons change is an easy, affordable way to keep your aesthetic fresh. During the autumn months, look for vase colors associated with falling leaves, crackling fireplaces, and fresh autumn fruit like apples, pumpkins and acorns. During the winter months, look to vase colors like blues, silvers – and, if you’re feeling festive, Christmas reds and greens. During the summer months, bright yellows, pinks, oranges and greens will fare best and make your space feel hot-weather ready; during spring, opt for vases in pastel yellows, greens and pinks to match the budding gardens.
- Vases as gifts. Yes, these designs do make perfect gifts for friends’ and families’ birthdays, housewarming parties, or “just because!” What makes an even better gift? A vase filled with the recipient’s favorite flowers! (Housewarming parties in particular are hotbeds for vase gift-giving, and for good reason: These designs are easy to decorate with, blend in with most home decor styles and make fun accessories – for the new homeowner, they’re the perfect gift!)
- Vases for symmetrical décor. If you want a room to feel balanced, these designs can help. All you need are two identical vases – each one placed opposite the other. For example, in a bedroom with two nightstands (one on either side of the bed), place a vase on one stand and its twin on the other. The result of “symmetrical pairing” is a timeless, pulled-together aesthetic. (You can also do this in the living room if your sofa has an end table on either side of it!)
Sometimes, a home décor purchase as simple as a vase is all it takes for a home to feel “new” again.