Metal bookcases bring a sleek, polished look to any home – and, not to mention, practical storage potential.
Metal Bookcase Designs
Many metal bookcases come with innovative design elements. Here are a few popular varieties.
- Layered Shelving. When you think ‘bookcase,’ you probably imagine the traditional ‘tall rectangle with stacked shelves’ design – but that type of aesthetic doesn’t have to be true of all bookcases. In fact, some truly unique bookcase designs are being embraced by designers everywhere – especially when the bookcase designs feature ‘layered’ shelving. Featuring tiered shelving of different lengths and heights – and sometimes even shapes (some contemporary designs incorporate spherical shelves!) – metal bookcases with layered shelves bring an innovative twist to the standard bookcase aesthetic.
- Rectangle designs. For a more traditional aesthetic, a classic rectangle metal bookcase will bring a timeless elegance to any home.
- Square designs. Playing with notions of what a ‘bookcase shape’ should be, square metal bookcase designs bring an unexpected, geometric flair to a classic home office staple.
Styling a Metal Bookcase
Modern metal bookcases offer such sleek elegance; they stand out on their own, and often don’t need any of the traditional stylistic elements often incorporated into the shelves of traditional wood bookcases – such as a decorative vase or picture frame. If you want to take an already-chic aesthetic of your metal bookcase to the next level, though, here are a few ideas for bookcase decor to help get you there!
- Metallic figurines (to match the bookcase’s metal finish)
- ‘Piles’ of books stacked on top of each other (instead of standing up) for a contemporary feel
- Vintage wood decor (for a contrast of textures)