Use a modern bookcase to give your home office, living room or even bedroom a contemporary-chic aesthetic – not to mention an effortless way to store and organize books!
Types and Features of Modern Bookcases
Modern bookcases come in many shapes and forms. Here are just a few of the types and features of popular modern bookcases:
- Mid-century modern bookcases: Defined by flared silhouettes and organic colors, the mid-century modern bookcase will bring a chic aesthetic to any home office.
- Modern bookcases with drawers: In their classic form, bookcases are great for holding and displaying books – but wouldn’t it be even better if they could also offer concealed storage? Now they can, thanks to modern bookcases with built-in drawers!
- Modern bookcases with ladders: Extra-tall bookcases are great for storing and organizing a ton of books and other collectibles, but can be not-so-great when you actually need to reach something from the topmost shelves – until now. Many modern bookcases come with matching ladders to help solve this ‘extra-tall bookcase’ problem. Look for quality bookcase-ladder sets, with the ladder component designed for safety and portability.
- Modern display bookcases: A display bookcase is a type of modern bookcase designed specifically for ‘showcasing’ books and trinkets (instead of simply ‘holding’ or ‘storing’ them).
- Adjustable bookshelf: Perhaps the cleverest of all modern bookcase types, adjustable bookshelves allow you to customize the look of your bookcase exactly to your taste.
- Modern children’s bookcases: Many modern bookcases are also designed especially for children’s rooms and other smaller spaces. Before you decide on a bookcase to purchase, always measure your space – and make sure you know the measurements of the bookcase you want to buy!
- Modern bookcases with wheels: Add some portability to your home office with a modern bookcase with wheels!