Farmhouse Dining Room Sets70 items starting at $250
Farmhouse Dining Set
A farmhouse dining set brings relaxed, vintage style that will make ‘dining in’ feel as fresh as ever.
How to ‘Dine In’ the Farmhouse Way!
Since we’re talking about farmhouse dining tables, we thought it’d be fun to imagine what it’d be like to go all-out in terms of farmhouse dining. What kind of food would have been served at an actual 19th-century farmhouse? What about drinks, decor, overall aura? What time would they have even sat down for dinner? Read on for the answers!
- Dinnertime at an actual 19th-century farmhouse would have consisted of hearty ingredients like buttered biscuits and roasted game.
- Thanks to their resident cows, farmhouse families would have enjoyed nightly glasses of fresh milk (usually warmed on the stove)!
- The decor of a typical 19th-century farmhouse dining room would have consisted of handcrafted wood- and crochet-work, both popular hobbies of the time.
- The ambiance of a typical 19th-century farmhouse would have felt natural and simple, thanks to natural wood furniture and woodwork decor.
- Dinnertime in a 19th-century farmhouse would have been around sunset, at which time the fields would have been too dark for the farmers to continue to work, anyways! (This early dinnertime would also be necessary for the farmers to get to bed early so that they could wake up in time for the rooster’s crow at sunrise — and start the day anew again!)