Vanities Buying Guide
What are the different types of vanities?When it comes to vanities, there are several different types to choose from. Some of the most popular options include:
- Freestanding vanities: These vanities are not attached to the wall and can be moved around as needed. They often have legs or a base that provides support.
- Wall mounted vanities: These vanities are attached to the wall and do not have legs or a base. They can be a great option for smaller bathrooms where space is at a premium.
- Corner vanities: These vanities are designed to fit into the corner of a room, which can be a great way to maximize space in a smaller bathroom.
- Vessel sink vanities: These vanities feature a vessel sink that sits on top of the countertop, rather than being recessed into it.
What materials are vanities made from?Vanities can be made from a variety of different materials, each with its own unique look and feel. Some of the most common materials used for vanities include:
- Wood: Wood is a popular choice for vanities because it is durable and can be stained or painted to match any decor.
- Stone: Stone vanities, such as those made from granite or marble, can add a touch of luxury to any bathroom.
- Glass: Glass vanities can be a great way to add a modern, sleek look to your bathroom.
- Metal: Metal vanities, such as those made from stainless steel or brass, can be a great option for a more industrial or contemporary look.
What features should I look for in a vanity?When shopping for a vanity, there are several features you should consider. Some of the most important include:
- Size: Make sure you choose a vanity that fits the size of your bathroom and provides enough storage space for your needs.
- Style: Choose a style that matches the overall look and feel of your bathroom.
- Storage: Look for a vanity with plenty of storage space, such as drawers or cabinets.
- Countertop: Choose a countertop material that is durable and easy to clean.
- Sink: Consider the type of sink you want, such as a vessel sink or an undermount sink.
By considering these factors and doing your research, you can find the perfect vanity for your bathroom that meets all of your needs and looks great too.