Platform Full Grey Beds2 items starting at $495
Beds and Bed Frames Buying Guide
The bed is where you spend about one-third of your life if you get the recommended eight hours of sleep per night. It’s also the focal point of your bedroom, so making sure your bed looks great and provides significant comfort is critical for your quality of life.
- Metal Beds: A metal bed frame offers a classic look that works well in Victorian rooms as a contrast to floral fabrics and wallpaper. It also works well in modern, industrial lofts where metal is often placed against exposed beams and brick.
- Poster Beds: Wood beds have always been popular, but the most sought-after versions are often those with intricately carved posts at each corner. Posts can be round or square, and some are even tall enough to form a full canopy bed.
- Panel Beds: Another common woodworking technique for beds is the addition of raised or recessed panels in the headboard and footboard. This adds texture and interest to the bed, and it’s a great choice for transitional decor.
- Upholstered Beds: Contemporary beds are all about comfort, and a padded, tufted headboard allows you to sit up for reading on screen time with lots of extra cushioning. The most on-trend upholstered beds are completely fabric covered, giving them a cohesive look.
- Mixed Materials: Beds that combine two types of wood, mix wood and upholstery, or mix wood planks with metal edging offer a fresh new take on traditional materials.
- Platform Beds: Modern lines tend to be low to the floor, and a platform bed skips the legs (or keeps them very short) to provide this sleek look. Platform beds are a great choice for easy cleaning as well.