Décor inspiration running dry? Here are 46 wall art ideas for the living room to quench the spell.
1. Monotone PrintsBlack and white images, interspersed with favorite words and their definitions, share your family's journey with those who enter your home.
2. Rope ArtA lovely piece of rope art can be framed and hung on the wall to give a little texture to your décor.
3. 3D FlowersThree-dimensional flowers in metal, paper, or another material can be combined to create a beautiful focal point.
4. Textured ArtLook for art pieces that include texture to give your space a more interesting feel. Paper art works particularly well.
5. Botanical PrintsArt featuring plants and flora reflects your love of greenery and adds a light feel to your home.
6. Group Your PicturesChoose line art or paintings that are smaller than usual and group them to create a unique talking point.
7. String ArtIt’s back! String art is making a comeback, and that’s a good thing. These intricate designs add symmetry and beauty to your space.
8. Mirror, MirrorReflect light and make your room feel more spacious by adding a mirror to the wall. Bonus points if it’s in a cool frame!
9. Tone on ToneArt that uses subtle tones can be impressive without overwhelming the room. Look for neutrals to enhance any space.
10. Canvas ArtLooking for something special? Choose framed canvas art with a fun color palette to set off your décor.
11. Gallery WallDo you have more than one piece of art that you love? Gather an assortment of pieces that have something in common, then turn your wall into an art gallery.
12. Glitter and GlamYou can’t go wrong with sparkles, so double up on framed glitter paintings and use them as a backdrop for fabulous decorations.
13. Equine BeautyIf you love horses, adding them to your walls is a no-brainer. Pick a large print that will dominate the room and build around it.
14. Wildlife at HomeBring your adoration of living things into your home with framed images of your favorite creatures.
15. Simply NatureA simple leaf print, an image of a tree, or a photo of a flower can set the tone for a room and show your interest in nature.
16. Take FlightDreaming of traveling? Hang a framed canvas of a plane or a bucket-list destination to keep your travel inspiration close.
17. Cool OceansGive your space a cooler feel with a beautiful painting of the ocean. Pieces that are almost abstract - but not quite - capture the true nature of the sea.
18. Go BigGiant pieces of art can dominate a room - in a good way! Enjoy your favorite painting super-sized.
19. Basic ImagesYou don’t have to go fancy with your images. Just pick something that appeals to you and hang it.
20. Shades of GrayGray-toned paintings fit into any style of décor, so grab a painting or two and then add other gray elements to bring the room together.
21. AbstractThere’s something about abstract art that draws the eye, because it lets you interpret the artist's meaning for yourself.
22. Layered PaintingsEven if you can’t hang paintings on your walls, you can put them on a table. Try placing several together, then layering them for a unique look.
23. Black FramesTake your favorite picture and frame it in simple black to make it really stand out on the wall.
24. Fun ColorsYou can build an entire room’s décor around the colors in your wall art for a coordinated feel.
25. Dividing PanelsInstead of using these panels to divide your space, hang them on the wall for a unique look.
26. Beach MemoriesLove the beach? Take the enjoyment home with framed and matted photos of your favorite place.
27. Cacti PrintsSucculents and cacti offer a low-maintenance way to add green to your space. Highlight your plants with cacti prints on your wall.
28. Neutral PaintsA subtly-colored painting will blend nicely with your existing décor while also adding a focal point.
29. Charcoal DrawingsCharcoal is a gorgeous medium. These types of images combine simplicity with sophistication – an ideal combination for wall art.
30. Leaves on the WallShow off your enjoyment of plants with giant paintings of leaves. You can collect several, and group them.
31. Marbled CanvasAdd some glamour and mystique to your space with a lovely marble-styled print.
32. Floral DelightBrighten your space with flowers that never fade. They’re the perfect addition to your room and come in many styles.
33. Bring the Sky HomeThe mysteries of the universe are beautiful on your walls.
34. Bold ColorsSelecting a painting that will set the color palette for your space is always an adventure. Look for bold colors to stimulate the mind.
35. Broad StrokesAbstract art is wonderful. You’ll get a bigger impact from your wall art if you pick paintings with a few broad strokes of color.
36. Brighten Your SpaceImages that are bright and evoke the outdoors can help make your room feel bigger and lighter.
37. MemoriesEvoke “the good old days” with paintings or images that trigger a hazy memory. Just frame it and hang.
38. Sets of FourA set of four identical paintings or prints will give a nice, balanced look to your room.
39. Soft LightFor a brighter, modern space, look for a painting that is barely there, featuring light strokes and colors.
40. Mix and MatchCombine abstract paintings with vivid photos to create your own mini gallery.
41. Unique ScribblesFlat blocks of color are nice, but something that has been carefully colored and painted adds visual impact.
42. Leaning PaintingsHave two similar paintings? Hang one and lean the other for a fun look.
43. SpaceFor anyone who loves space, images that are neatly framed can make extraordinary wall art.
44. Line DrawingsThere’s something about the simplicity of drawings that can really make a space feel perfect.
45. Framed PhotosBlow up your favorite photograph and frame it to hang in your home for a touch of nostalgia.
46. Textured ArtForget the boring paintings and prints. Go for some real texture on your wall!
Living Room Wall Art Ideas
— More Great Articles —
Wall Art Ideas for Living Room
— Read the Latest —
Editorial Disclaimer: Articles featuring tips and advice are intended for educational purposes and only as general recommendations. Always practice personal discretion when using and caring for furniture, decor and related items.