The Ten Pillars of Corner Decorating
- Measure your corner before buying anything.
- Consider your corner’s purpose.
- Pick one color scheme, two max (unless you want to disorient your guests!)
- Consider height (e.g., don’t just place an ottoman, then forget about the wall space above).
- Create lateral balance (one side of the corner should be equal to the other).
- Get lit (meaning, don’t skimp out on lighting – but you knew that).
- Make it cozy. Use rugs and pillows to take your corner from ‘look, but don’t touch’ to ‘warm and inviting.’
- Hold back; minimalism is the key to preventing a cluttered ambiance.
- Go multi-functional; what’s the harm in hidden storage?
- Fill it with the things that make you smile. No matter how small your corner is, if it’s in your home, you’re literally going to have to live with it.
Prefer all of the above? Easy (if you want to stump us, you’re going to have to do better than that!): wall art + storage side table + accent chair!
— More Great Articles —
— Read the Latest —
Editorial Disclaimer: Articles featuring tips and advice are intended for educational purposes and only as general recommendations. Always practice personal discretion when using and caring for furniture, decor and related items.