Of course, imitating “whatever’s popular” isn’t the only way to achieve the look. American flags, history books and icons of American culture integrated throughout your home – no matter your decorating style – is an easy way to get in touch with the patriotic side of Americana.
If you’re searching for Americana decor ideas, check out our favorite images of Americana-styled rooms below – and tips on how to get the look!
Americana - Traditional
Tip: Note how it isn’t decked out floor-to-ceiling with red-white-and-blue; stick to one key American-inspired accent piece to prevent Americana from feeling kitchsy.
Americana - Rustic
Hide rugs, flag art, and a warm, woodsy color palette recall the ranches and farmhouses of the Southwest – an iconic aesthetic in American culture and Americana decor.
Tip: To infuse even more country charm, invoke the sense of smell. Light a candle in wisteria or Southern magnolia – two beautifully aromatic florals native to the South!
The Americana Bedroom
Get the Americana bedroom look by:
- Hanging American flag décor. This doesn’t have to be an actual flag; in fact, it’s better if it isn’t, since an actual flag isn’t designed for home décor (it’s designed for the top of a pole in a schoolyard, among other such places!). Go for flag-imprinted metal wall décor or wood wall décor with painted stars and stripes.
- Incorporating red, white and blue bedding. This is an especially fun idea around summer time, when Fourth of July is just right around the corner. What better way to wake up than wrapped in your most patriotic colors?
- Displaying historical books. Non-fiction history books on the subject of the American Revolution, Civil War, colonial America or the Suffrage Movement are just a few topics that reflect the Americana culture. (Go for hardcover volumes and display them in your bedroom bookcase.)
The Americana Living Room
Get the Americana living room by:
- Incorporating red, white and blue throw pillows. Throw pillows in patriotic colors are a must in summer, as they can make a home look instantly in-season and won’t put you out much money-wise.
- Layering on striped blankets. Like pillows, blankets are affordable and come in bold stripes to reflect Old Glory.
- Hanging up wall art. Deck out your walls with spirit by incorporating scenic wall art of the American countryside.
— More Great Articles —
— Read the Latest —
Editorial Disclaimer: Articles featuring tips and advice are intended for educational purposes and only as general recommendations. Always practice personal discretion when using and caring for furniture, decor and related items.