A few bad stains and spills can ruin the overall appearance of a classic leather sofa – especially if left untreated or cleaned incorrectly. Learn to preserve your sofa’s quality and beauty for years to come with these simple guides on cleaning leather sofas.
How to Remove Grease Stains from a Leather Sofa
- Sprinkle a pinch of baking soda over the stain.
- Let the baking soda sit for a couple hours or until the oil is absorbed.
- Wipe away the remains with a soft cloth.
- Wring out the cloth so that it is damp (and not soaking), and begin wiping the dirty areas of the leather.
How to Remove Ink Stains from a Leather Sofa
- Apply rubbing alcohol to a cotton ball.
- Gently dab the ink stain with the cotton ball.
- Pat the area dry with a soft cloth.