Small Spaces don’t mean you have to compromise on style or quality. Below are 3 simple steps you can follow to bring rustic charm to a one-bedroom apartment.
1) Pick a Neutral Palette
- A monochromatic neutral palette creates a relaxing, simple environment, perfect for easily mixing and matching furniture and accessories. Since rustic charm doesn't put color at the center stage, it's all about textures.
- Natural light and greenery bring life into the space.
- Wood and distressed finishes add to the rustic ambiance.
- Stick to 2-3 shades of earth tones, pick one to pop.
- The Lassen collection featured in this space is a balanced mix of natural elements and contemporary details with pops of burnt orange in the bedroom and muted teal in the living room.
2) Make Sure Each Piece has a Purpose
- Vertical storage, underbed storage and baskets are just a few ways to give every piece of furniture in your home more than one main function.
- Don't keep pieces that don't serve a function. This will help to keep clutter at bay and keep your space feeling spacious and fresh.
- Remember that storage can double as decor.
3) Personalize It
- Incorporate hobby spaces that are important to you - whether you require an in-home office, a reading nook, or a crafting corner.
- Include personal decor/touches/items that reflect your interests and act as conversation pieces.
- Open shelving is a great opportunity to personalize and decorate the space. Pieces that are meaningful to you will help to give your space one-of-a-kind style, and make it feel like home.
— More Great Articles —
Rustic Modern Small-Space Inspiration
— Read the Latest —
Editorial Disclaimer: Articles featuring tips and advice are intended for educational purposes and only as general recommendations. Always practice personal discretion when using and caring for furniture, decor and related items.