It’s not just for the holidays! Wrap a string of garland along a balustrade or railing for an outdoors-in feel. You can even get festive with the seasons – swapping out pinecones for summer florals, springtime pastels or fall leaves. While unusual, fresh garland looks beautiful – and will be sure to add a homey fragrance. Best for stairways, sideboard/buffet/dresser decor and even windowsills! (If you’re unsure about this trend, start with faux garland; faux types are available in almost every color and style, they're hassle-free and look just as good as the real thing.)
Home Office Greens
Above the Bed
Common Types of Houseplants
When incorporating plants into your home décor, you’ll want to make sure they’re able to thrive in a low-sun or indoor environment. Here’s a list of common houseplants, popular for their low-maintenance needs:
- Variety #1: Fern: Flowerless foliage, often with large fronds.
- Variety #2: Ivy: Of “poison” fame; in houseplant varieties, climbs and hangs.
- Variety #3: Fig: Features leaves with large veins known as ‘fiddle leafs.’
- Variety #4: Begonia: Bright, colorful mini flowers, often red.
- Variety #5: Succulent: Cactus and succulents are native to the desert and require the least amounts of water.
- Variety #6: Peace lily: Large green leaves with gorgeous white petals; goes by the scientific name Spathiphyllum.