6. Rough Outlines
8. One-of-a-Kind Designs
If you prefer taking the scenic route, swimming against the current, and traveling off the grid, a One Time Buy is for you. Made for our Elements collection, these curio cabinets are sometimes bold, sometimes eclectic, and always unique.
Top of Cabinet Décor Ideas
If you’re wondering how to decorate the top of cabinets, the answer is with whatever decoration is pleasing to you. The things that bring you joy to look at should be your main consideration, but there are some tips for making your over the cabinet décor ideas as aesthetic as possible (instead of cluttered-appearing).
First, think about spacing. More space and less objects is key to a pleasant aesthetic, especially if you’re decorating the top of kitchen cabinetry, as kitchens already have a lot going on – from stove to fridge to sink and everything in between. This means that two or three objects should be all you need over one cabinet; try a vase + a wine rack, for example (and if you have to have a third, a leaning piece of wall art is another popular choice).
Secondly, remember the three rules of décor: plants, plants, plants! Whether faux or real, leaves, branches and even petals add texture, life, color and dimension, without taking up a lot of space. They are also easy to bend and arrange, so that you can make them fit into whatever nook and cranny you need to fill. For the top of cabinets, a vase or planter with blooms is the perfect touch.
What to Put in a Curio Cabinet
Here are some of our favorite ideas for things to put in a curio cabinet:
- Vases, planters, pots, jars and bottles
- Baskets, basket trays, trays and platters
- Figurines, sculptures, souvenirs, knick-knacks and other accessories
- Plates, dishes, silverware, wedding china, and other heirloom tableware
- Small framed photos of family or small framed art prints or poems/signs
- Folded linens and other types of tablecloths; cloth napkins and placemats
- Keepsakes and valuables, such as special gifts, jewelry, jewelry boxes or money (these should be kept in a non-see-through drawer!)
— More Great Articles —
Curious About Curios? Explore More Here!
— Read the Latest —
Editorial Disclaimer: Articles featuring tips and advice are intended for educational purposes and only as general recommendations. Always practice personal discretion when using and caring for furniture, decor and related items.