Bedroom colors should be calming and sleep-inducive, but they should also reflect your personality. Here are six of the most popular colors for bedrooms, favorited by clients and designers alike.
2. Earthy Neutrals
4. Mustard Yellow
Best Bedroom Colors for Sleep
Can’t get enough? Here are some “honorable mentions”:
- Violet: Violet in the bedroom brings all the associations of lavender – to a moodier degree.
- Ivory: As calming as counting sheep, if for no other reason than it's the same color as sheep!
- Forest green: The flowy, ethereal nature also makes it the best curtain color for a bedroom.
- Dark blue: Like the midnight sky (although, you'd never know, since you'll be fast asleep by then!).
- Auburn: Sort of bricklike in color, a reddish undertone like auburn can give unique flair.
- Magenta: Another red-toned hue, magenta pops. Just err on the side of caution; magenta in the form of one or two throw pillows is all you need for a good energy balance. (Any more than that, and magenta can start to feel too much, real fast.)