How to Resolve Issues with Your Synchrony Bank Credit Card
If your Synchrony Bank Credit Card is declined when you use it online, please follow these steps to re-submit your payment. For direct assistance, you can email email@example.com.
Activate Your Card
If you completed your credit application in store, you will need to activate your card once you receive it. In order to do so, call the number on the back of your card using the phone number you listed on the account. If you try to use your credit card before activating it, your card will be declined when you check out online. Skip this step if you applied online or have already activated your card.
Check Whether Your Purchase Total is Above Your Approved Credit Limit
You can check whether your purchase total is more than your approved credit limit by visiting www.mysynchrony.com to access your online account. From there, you can verify what your available credit limit is.
- If your new purchase will put you over your credit limit, please remove items from your cart before checking out again.
- You can also come into a retail store to discuss a temporary increase to your credit line.
Confirm Whether You Are Placing a Special Order
If you are placing a Special Order online, you will not be able to use your Synchrony credit card for the purchase. To use your Synchrony card towards a Special Order, you will need to come into a store and pay for at least 20% of the order with cash or credit card.
- To complete a Special Order online, you will need to use a credit card for the entire purchase.
Confirm Whether Your Purchase Total is $150 Before Taxes
Only purchases equal to $150 or more are eligible for Synchrony credit card transactions.
Verify Synchrony Billing Address and Shipping Address Are the Same
If you are picking up your items from a store or having them delivered to your home, the billing address you entered at checkout must match your Synchrony billing address.
- You can update your Synchrony billing address to match what you entered at checkout by visiting www.mysynchrony.com. Once you update your address on www.mysynchrony.com, please wait a day before attempting your purchase again.
Explore Other Possible Issues in Store
- If you have completed these steps, and your Synchrony credit card is still declined, there is likely another issue that is preventing you from completing your purchase online.
- Please visit a retail store with your Synchrony credit card, so we can complete your purchase there.