Wall Art Prints
Effortlessly refresh even the dullest of rooms – without taking up any space at all! – with a collage of wall art prints.
How to Style a Wall Art Print Collage in Ten Easy Steps
Choosing the pieces of wall art you love is easy – but styling them can be a little trickier than it looks. Here, we’ve laid out ten easy steps to creating the perfect collage of art prints for any space.
- Choose the medium. Right off the bat, choosing whether you want a photography collage, painting collage or sketch collage will help you to visualize the style you are going for.
- Pick a main color scheme. Choose one or two colors that you want your collage to highlight, and make at least one of them a neutral (grey, white or beige), so that the other can contrast without clashing. Also, keep in mind the rules of color temperature – blues, purples and greens cool and calm, while yellows, reds and orange warm and energize.
- Choose a space. Look for an area surrounded by décor in mostly neutral hues (or an area with no décor at all).
- Measure your space. Once you have the space picked out, measure it and take down the exact dimensions. This will come in handy when it comes time to choosing the pieces.
- Decide the number of pieces… Consider whether you want a couple large pieces, many small pieces or a mix of three or four large and small pieces. You can also go with a few identical regular-sized pieces for a simpler, uniform aesthetic.
- …And the exact size of each piece.Now that you have a basic idea of the layout of the collage, get down to the logistics of sizing. Generally, the largest square size comes in 48”x48” and the smallest in 18”x18.” It may help to sketch out an outline of where each piece will go to get a better sense of sizing. Also, if you see a piece you love that’s not in the size you need, don’t hesitate to talk to a sales representative; it’s possible that your size is available in the back – or on its way to the store.
- Choose your pieces. Now, for the fun part! Choose pieces that stand out to you – and don’t think too hard about it! Only you know what you like, so don’t let the ‘rules’ of style dictate whether or not you should accent your wall with a particular piece; instead, let your gut be your guide.
- Determine the type of frame. Frame one or two pieces that you want to stand out from the rest – or frame them all! Or, for a modern twist, frame none!
- Arrange your pieces. You’ve scouted your location, planned your layout, tested your sizes and scored on your favorite pieces. Now, you’re ready to go! Use nails or a hook to secure each piece to the wall.
- Admire Your Work. Sit back, relax and enjoy!