Queen Mattresses132 items starting at $295
Queen Size Mattress
A queen mattress is the ideal size for two people to share, so couples prefer them to the smaller full size or "double" mattresses that used to be the standard. With a queen mattress, two people can sleep side by side while still having plenty of space to turn over without jostling their partner.
Queen Mattress Sizing
A queen size mattress is standardized to fit queen beds. If you’re not sure what type of bed you have, you can use a tape measure to find out. A queen mattress meets the following requirements:
- Mattress width: 60 inches
- Mattress length: 80 inches
A queen mattress provides each person with about 30 inches of space of their own when the bed is shared. As for mattress height, this will depend on both your bed frame and the foundation you choose for your mattress. If your bed raised the mattress off of the floor, you’ll need to add the distance from the floor to the total thickness of your mattress to figure its final height. If you choose a foundation — whether a thin bunkie board or a full box spring — you’ll also need to add its thickness to determine the final height.
How to Buy the Right Queen Size Mattress
In addition to determining the best height for you, you’ll also want to consider the materials and the firmness of your mattress as you shop.
- Firmness: Firm mattresses are best for people who sleep on their backs because they provide a good deal of support. Softer mattresses are generally preferred by people who sleep on their sides to reduce pressure points on hips and shoulders. If you sleep on your stomach, you may want something in between.
- Pillow Tops: Pillow top mattresses provide extra layers of softness to cushion joints. These mattresses can only be rotated rather than flipped, which promotes even wear.
- Innerspring Mattresses: Mattresses with coiled springs inside provide good support and have the slightly "bouncy" feel that many people associate with a quality mattress. If you plan to share your bed, look for individually wrapped coils to reduce motion transfer.
- Foam Mattresses: Foam mattresses have become popular in recent years. They tend to cradle the body and can provide customized support as the mattress forms to your body. Foam mattresses can trap heat, so look for moisture wicking and cooling covers if you prefer a cooler bed.
Whether you prefer memory foam or coils, pillow tops, or ultra-firm beds, we have a wonderful selection of queen size mattresses to choose from. Shop our queen mattresses for the perfect bed for you to get a great night’s sleep.