Eastern King Mattresses139 items starting at $445
- $400 - $800 (11)
- $800 - $1200 (19)
- $1200 & Above (109)
sale_pricePlease enter valid ranges—
- Under 10'' (9)
- 10'' - 13'' (56)
- 13'' - 16'' (70)
- 16'' & Above (26)
heightPlease enter valid ranges—
- Under 39'' (2)
- 39'' - 60'' (1)
- 60'' - 76'' (137)
- 76'' & Above (136)
widthPlease enter valid ranges—
- 75'' - 80'' (139)
- 80'' - 84'' (130)
depthPlease enter valid ranges—
King Size Mattresses
When you’re looking for the largest, most comfortable bed mattress possible, a king size mattress is the way. Before you finalize your purchase, though, make sure you understand exactly what kind of King mattress you’re getting, because there’s more than one kind. An Eastern King mattress differs from a California King (or Cal King mattress) in its dimensions, and you’ll need to double check your bed frame for a perfect fit.
Whether you prefer the standard king mattress that’s common on the East Coast of the United States or would rather shop for a Cal King size bed, we have a great selection of both. You’ll find both California and Eastern King mattresses in memory foam, traditional innerspring and hybrid versions with or without foundations. We also have a wide range of styles that are sure to help you get the good night’s sleep you’ve been looking for.
Need some help differentiating mattress terminology? Here’s what you can expect when you see a product labeled with the corresponding jargon:
- Pressure-relieving: Designed to support and contour your joints, stimulating muscle relaxation. In plush mattresses, feels like a plush pillow. Perfect for side sleepers and often seen in hybrid mattresses.
- Edge support: Made with firmer edges to prevent sagging and sliding off your bed.
- Medium firm mattress: Unlike extra firm or luxury firm, made with a middle-of-the-road density for a balanced feel. Often seen in innerspring mattresses with pillow top or memory foam mattresses with euro top.
- Ultra plush: Contouring softness. Usually made with memory foam with an extra forgiving feel.
- Cooling gel (gel memory foam mattress): Liquid beads or capsules help to bring down the temperature of the mattress. Most common as a label for gel-infused memory foam products.
- Quilted: Made with a top layer that resembles patches, usually with pillow-like cushioning.
What Is the difference Between a King Mattress and an Eastern King Mattress?
To keep things straight in the world of mattress sizes, it’s best to think of a King mattress as a category with two members. Inside the overall category of King size you have Eastern King mattresses and California King mattresses. Both are designed to sleep two adults comfortably, but dimensions differ slightly. In the size of Eastern King (also known as a Standard King, especially East of the Mississippi River in the U.S.) sleeping surface is 76 inches wide by 80 inches long. For reference, that’s the same length as a Queen, but it’s 16 inches wider. An Eastern King looks almost square once it’s set up.
In the size of California King, sleeping surface is 72 inches wide by 84 inches long. It’s slightly narrower than an Eastern King, but it’s also longer. Though Cal Kings are becoming more common, they’re sometimes considered a specialty size when it comes to bed frame or linens.
How to Choose the Right King Mattress for You
If you’re very tall — say, over 6’3" — a California King is a great choice because you won’t risk having your feet and ankles dangle off the edge of the bed. Its slightly narrower profile may also look better in your room, especially if you’re trying to fit your big bed into a somewhat small space.
If you like to sleep without being disturbed by your partner, an Eastern King should be at the top of your list. This is the widest bed you can buy, and you’ll have enough space to spread out without worrying about bumping into your bedmate. It’s also a popular choice for parents of young children who may be interested in family bed sharing.