Wall Decorations and Accents
Wall décor takes up literally no floor space, making it one of the easiest options for refreshing your style – without adding any extra bulk. Whether you are looking to punctuate your home’s aesthetic with statement accents or for an effortless way to switch out seasonal accessories, you can’t go wrong with wall décor!
Wall Décoration Ideas to Refresh Every Type of Space
Cold and sullen, too much blank wall space is powerful – even the most expertly-styled of rooms can suffer as a result of it! Fortunately, wall décor pieces are easy to style and one of the most affordable options for refreshing any space. Here are just a few ways to incorporate them into your home:
- For an inviting, cozy-chic ambience, hang distressed wall baskets in an entryway.
- For a vintage, arts-and-crafts-inspired feel, opt for distressed wood paneling.
- For a touch of contemporary shine, look for metallic accessories – and particularly glossy mirror finishes.
- For a breezy, beachy vibe, opt for wall art and/or panels made with coastal materials like teakwood.
- For an effortless culinary elegance, adorn a kitchen or home bar wall with a wall wine rack – complete with your favorite bottles!
- For country-cottage vibes, look for ways to incorporate wildlife décor, such as with a rustic trophy head.
- For a touch of culture, accent an empty hallway or bedroom wall with a decorative wall map.
Wall Décoration Types for Every Room and Style
Whether you want to define a large area (like an entryway or living room) with bold, sweeping style, or simply accent a small, overlooked corner (like a kitchen backsplash or niche), home wall décor and accessories make refreshing any space fun and hassle-free. Here are just a few of the most popular types:
- LED light-up message signs and art
- Metallic wall art and accessories
- Hanging wall baskets and other storage
- Decorative wood wall panels
- Decorative wall hooks (for hanging purses, hats, coats and more)
- Chalkboards and whiteboards
- Floor screens and room dividers
How to Arrange Wall Décorations and Accessories
As with all elements of interior decorating, balance is key when it comes to arranging wall décor – especially if you’re looking to style a wall décor gallery. Even with a small amount of wall decorations, a wall or corner with too much of the same materials, shapes and colors could feel crowded or cluttered. If you are unsure as to whether or not your wall décor gallery features too much silver and/or gold, for example, leave it out. A small stretch or two of blank wall space is better than an overbearing color scheme – and minimalism, besides, is always on-trend!