Filters:+ 4 more Show less
When you’re decorating a room where you plan to entertain, there’s no more important centerpiece than the sofa. For many people, the sofa is the largest piece of furniture in the room, and it’s almost certainly where people will look first to understand your sense of style — and to find a comfortable place to sit!
We have a huge collection of sofas in many styles and sizes to make getting just the right look for your home a breeze. Whether you’re looking for a compact three-seater or something that will provide seating for a crowd, you’re sure to find what you need to complement any decor. We’ve got the right sofa for your formal living room, casual family room, masculine den or feminine dressing area.
Choosing the Right Sofa for Your Home
There are several decisions to make when it comes selecting the perfect couch for your house. Be sure to mull over all your options as you decide what type of seating will work best for you.
- Size: The first step in buying a new sofa is to measure your room to see how large a couch you need. As you do so, don’t forget to take into account space for foot traffic around the furniture so your room isn’t overcrowded.
- Upholstery: Next, the overall look of your furniture will be dictated by its covering. Choose leather for luxurious durability, or pick a solid or patterned fabric for a more casual look. Patterned upholstery will command attention as a focal point in the room while solids or neutral colors will help your sofa blend in with existing furniture.
- Accents: Don’t forget to take into account the legs of the furniture. If they are exposed, you’ll want the wood tone or color of the metal to blend well with other accents in your color scheme. You’ll also need to decide on matching or contrasting fabric for toss pillows in customizable options. All accents should work together in a harmonious whole for your decor.
Sofa Style Trends
Not sure where to get started with your search for the perfect furniture? Consider these current trends in sofa design to get some inspiration.
- Grey: Grey is the hottest neutral going right now, and it lends a cool sophistication to any room.
- Mid-Century Modern: The clean lines of the 50s and 60s are still influencing modern decor. Look for tufting on the back and narrow, angled legs to get the look.
- Power Recliners: Lean back in comfort at the push of a button with these high-tech sofas. Many even come with built-in USB chargers to keep your devices juiced up and ready to go.