Filters:+ 1 more Show less
Storage Sofa Tables
Sofa tables with storage make it easy to keep tidy, organized and effortlessly chic.
Types of Storage Sofa Tables
- Sofa table with drawers: look for sofa tables with pull-out drawers for easy storage.
- Multilevel sofa table: Multilevel sofa tables feature a built-in shelf or two for double or triple the surface space.
- Sofa table ‘console box’: ‘Console box’ sofa tables open up to reveal a spacious ‘boxy’ inside.
Getting Organized with Storage Sofa Tables
Here are just a few ideas of how to organize with storage sofa tables:
- Use a storage sofa table to hide magazines, electronics, reading glasses and other miscellaneous clutter.
- Consider a storage sofa table to keep linens, pillows and throw blankets when not in use.
- Storage sofa tables also make great ‘mini bars’ during parties. Consider storing bottles and glassware both inside the storage area and on the top of a storage sofa table.
- Use a storage sofa table to store notebooks and other homework tools, and pair it with a stool or accent chair to create a chic study space.
- Place a storage sofa table in an entryway and use it to stash ‘going out’ essentials, such as keys, wallets and purses.
- A storage sofa table also works as an effortless ‘mail-hider.’ Use it to conceal unsightly piles of mail for when you need to clean up in a pinch!
- Finally, to help make ‘clean-up time’ quick and painless, consider decking out a kids' play room or area with a storage sofa table or two. Look for storage sofa tables with spacious drawers or a lift-top design to keep coloring books, crayons and other easy-to-stash playthings.
Tips for Minimizing Clutter with a Storage Sofa Table
- Only keep the essentials. As you start to fill your storage sofa table with loose items, such as electronics and kids’ toys, that are cluttering up your home, ask yourself whether or not each item is worth keeping. Just because it can fit inside a storage table doesn’t mean it should be kept inside a storage table! Minimizing the amount of stuff you keep inside storage furniture will make it easier to keep the contents of your storage furniture organized and accessible.
- Don’t over-stuff the storage part of a storage sofa table. Cramming too many items can not only break the table but also encourage hoarding nonessentials, which can lead to bigger and messier piles of clutter.
- Give each drawer or storage space a theme. If you have a storage sofa table with three drawers, reserve a specific item – and only that specific item – for each drawer. Mixing clutter by stashing, for example, your decorative pillows in the same drawer as your office supplies will contribute to a chaotic storage scheme and make it hard to find what you need – when you need it.