Long Sofa Tables
Looking for an effortless way to define a room with show-stopping style? A long sofa table will do the trick! Keep reading to learn how designers are using the extra length that comes with a long sofa table to define and divide a room – and how to incorporate the look into your own home.
What Are the Dimensions of Long Sofa Tables?
Check out the measurements below to see the exact dimensions that make up some of the most common types of long sofa tables:
Medium Sofa Table Sizes: 55.1"W x 13.8"D, 58"W x 15"D
Long Sofa Table Sizes: 59"W x 18"D, 60"W x 20"D
Extra Long Sofa Table Sizes: 68"W x 18"D, 68"W x 20"D
Long Sofa Tables as Room Dividers
Because of their sleek silhouettes and extra-long dimensions, long sofa tables make for effortless room dividers, which can especially come in handy for those working with open floor plans or in spaces in need of definition and organization. Here are just a few popular ways designers use long sofa tables as room dividers:
- In studio apartments. In a studio apartment, consider using a long sofa table as a line of distinction between two different living areas – such as a kitchenette and workspace.
- In a shared kids’ bedroom. Placing a long sofa table in the middle of a shared kids’ bedroom will help to define one half of the room from the other, creating two distinct ‘personal spaces’ and giving each child a healthy sense of ownership.
- In a large living room. Large living spaces can actually be trickier to style than small ones; with too much open space, a lack of focus and definition can make a room feel disorienting and even bland. Consider using a long sofa table to ‘break up’ a spacious floor plan. Placing one, for example, to section off an empty corner from the rest of the room – and turn it into a cozy reading nook, quiet office space or kids play area – is an effortless way to add a pop of style while creating a ‘space within a space.’
- Behind a sofa. While it’s perfectly okay to pair a long sofa with a short sofa table, the aesthetics offered by such will always pale in comparison to the visual balance, depth and definition achieved by pairing a long sofa with a long sofa table.
- In a hallway. When it comes to furniture, there are not many designs that can refresh a narrow hallway with sleek style and fit inside it without blocking the pathway or creating a cramped feel – except for a long sofa table. Look for one with slim depth dimensions and a sleek design to add a burst of chic décor while maximizing floor space.