Glass Sofa Tables
One of the best-kept secrets in the world of interior design, a glass coffee table possesses the unique ability to refresh and open up any space with its see-through, light-catching properties.
Popular Types of Glass Sofa Tables
A glass sofa table is one of the easiest ways to open up a room. Check out just a few of the most popular types of glass sofa tables below!
- Wood and glass sofa tables: A little bit industrial chic, a little bit contemporary, wood and glass sofa tables offer a stunning, timeless aesthetic.
- Iron and glass sofa tables: For more of a rustic-chic aesthetic, opt for the iron-and-glass combo!
- 100% glass sofa tables: While pairing materials like glass and iron and glass and wood offers a subtle contrast between textures and colors, nothing delivers a crisp, clean, ‘barely-there’ look quite like an all-glass sofa table.
- Tempered glass sofa tables: Tempered glass is glass that has been strengthened by thermal treatments to deliver a thicker, stronger feel. In furniture, tempered glass offers high durability and is one of the safest types of glass options available.
- Demilune glass sofa tables: Demilune, or ‘half-moon,’ glass sofa tables offer a chic, space-saving shape; simply place the straight edge against the wall to create the same spherical feel that comes with a circular sofa table – without the extra bulk.
- Clear (non-cloudy) glass sofa tables: To help ensure that your glass sofa table blends in with your style, opt for one that is made completely out of clear glass! (While sofa tables and other furniture featuring glass that has been clouded or stained may offer a splash of color, it can be easy for them to clash with the surrounding room décor.)
- ‘Infinity’ glass sofa tables: Many glass sofa tables possess a ‘point’ where the legs meet the table top, but there are some in which these ‘points’ or ‘joints’ do not exist. Instead, a smooth, ‘infinite’ design – usually made entirely of glass – creates an illusion of an ‘almost invisible’ sofa table. This type of glass sofa table offers an unexpected yet contemporary-chic silhouette and blends in with virtually all styles of décor.
How a Glass Sofa Table Can Open Up a Room
Because a glass sofa table is see-through by nature, no matter where you choose to place it, it will never obstruct the view of whatever is under or behind it. Because of this ‘invisibility,’ and because of glass’s naturally light-reflective properties, a room with a glass sofa table can appear brighter and more spacious when compared to a room with a solid wood sofa table.