Perfect for living room, bedroom and nursery lounging, rocker recliners take relaxation seriously.
Rocker Recliners Defined
A rocker recliner is a chair designed for the living room, bedroom or nursery and featuring power reclining and rocking capabilities. Like a normal power recliner, a rocker recliner comes with an adjustable backrest; unlike a normal power recliner, a rocker recliner also comes with a rocker chair base.
Rocker Recliners: Popular Features
- Rocker recliners with power reclining: The power reclining capability allows you to adjust the entire backrest of the seat at your most comfortable angle.
- Rocker recliners with power headrests: For customized and ergonomic neck support, look for power recliners equipped with built-in power headrests.
- Rocker recliners with power lumbar cushions: Lumbar support has perhaps more to do with sitting comfortably than anything else – and not to mention, will help proper spinal alignment. To encourage healthy posture, and for the best in ergonomic support, opt for a rocker recliner with power lumbar cushions.
- Rocker recliners with swivel base: Swivel + rock + recline – in a living room chair, it doesn’t get any better than that! Rock back and forth to soothe and calm, recline back for angled support and swivel around to face anywhere, any time.
- Rocker recliners with leather and fabric upholstery: Most rocker recliners come with two upholstery options: leather and fabric. Choose leather if you prefer ‘cool’ and ‘smooth,’ and fabric if you prefer ‘plush’ and ‘cozy.’
- Rocker recliners with track arms: Many modern rocker recliner styles come in sleek, streamlined designs for versatile styling options – but for the ultimate in ‘sleek,’ consider a rocker recliner with track arms.
- Rocker recliners with tufted designs: Upholstery tufting is when a thread is knitted across the fabric of a furniture piece to create ‘dents’ or tufts; in a rocker recliner, tufted backrests offer a chic flair and a cozy-plush feel.
Styling with a Rocker Recliner
Because modern rocker recliners come in such sleek styles – in some models, the ‘rocker’ and ‘recliner’ features are cleverly concealed so that the overall design looks more like a traditional armchair than a ‘rocker recliner’ – rocker recliners can be arranged in the same way as a traditional armchair or sofa chair without looking out of place. Place a rocker recliner at one end of a sofa or in a bedroom or nursery corner for cozy, customized comfort – and elevated style.
Want to learn more about the rocker recliner feature? Check out What Is a Rocker Recliner?