To find yourself relaxed, rested and ready for some seriously restorative naptime, you need a customizable seating option that can adapt to your comfort and support needs – and no modern comfort technology fulfills these criteria quite like a power recliner. Choose a power recliner for the living room, bedroom, nursery or anywhere else where you want to lie down and stretch out – or sit down and curl up!
Power Recliners Defined
A power recliner is a chair with automated reclining features that can be controlled by pressing a button – usually located on the armrest or a remote control. The reclining mechanism can be found in either the headrest, backrest or footrest – or, in some designs, all three.
Power Recliner Features
Here are just a few ways power recliners are designed to transform the way you relax:
- Power reclining controls: Power reclining controls allow for seamless reclining at the push of a button; in most power recliners the button controls are located immediately under the armrest or on a remote control.
- Power adjustable headrest: Proper neck and head support are just as important as proper lumbar support, and with power recliners with adjustable headrests, you can get both. Use the adjustable feature as an ergonomic pillow for when you lie down or as a custom headrest during daytime lounging.
- Power adjustable lumbar support: When your lower back isn’t properly supported, it can throw off your entire spinal alignment, adding orthopedic pressure and discouraging healthy posture. With a power adjustable lumbar supportive base, you can adjust the positioning of the lower backrest for a more ergonomically comfortable lounging experience.
- Rocker bases: Rocker bases in a power recliner combine the soothing back-and-forth motions of a traditional rocker chair with the customizable positioning of a recliner. Opt for a power recliner with a rocker base to instantly transform a nursery, bedroom or living room into a haven for soothing – and totally customizable! – comfort.
- Swivel rocker bases: Power recliners with swivel rocker features are a 3-in-1 innovation; combining the ergonomic support of an adjustable backrest with the convenience of a swivel chair and the soothing motions of a rocker chair, power recliners are sure to melt away stress like no other home seating can.
- USB ports: For an easy way to keep your devices charged and ready to use – without having to get up – opt for power recliners with built-in USB ports.
For more tips on power recliners and popular designs, check out What Is a Power Recliner?