Tufted Blue Contemporary Living Room Sets2 items starting at $975
About Living Room Sets
What exactly defines a living room set and how do you make one work in your home? Get all the tips here.
Living Room Set Components
A living room set, which “groups” together a sofa, loveseat, chair and/or other living room furniture pieces, makes furniture shopping easy and affordable. By purchasing a set, you don’t have to fret about which sofa goes with which chair – spending hours stressing over whether or not one color or style will conflict with another. Since sets solve all the work for you, pairing together chic pieces designed to go together, you can rest easy when it comes time to purchase – knowing you’ve made the right choice.
While all living room sets come equipped with pieces designed for living rooms and dens, not all come in the same shapes and sizes. Here are some of the most common variations:
- Sofa + two chairs: A classic living room set, the sofa-plus-two-chairs provides all the comfy seating you and your guests could want – in one streamlined, no-hassle aesthetic.
- Sofa + loveseat: Another classic living room set, a sofa-plus-loveseat is an easy way to seat (approximately) five people in a small amount of space.
- Loveseat + sleeper: With a loveseat-plus-sleeper, you get all the benefits of a loveseat-plus-sofa-plus-bed, plus efficient, room-saving dimensions. Perfect for those who are tight on space – but find themselves needing to host the occasional overnight guest.
- Sofa, loveseat + swivel accent chair: A living room set with a sofa, loveseat and swivel chair brings a fun spin to the classic living room set arrangement – especially when the swivel chair comes in an accent design!
- Sofa, loveseat + chaise: On their own, a sofa and loveseat make for a living room set you can’t go wrong with – but throw in a chaise, and you’ve got yourself a comfort haven! Perfect for homes that need to be able to seat or host five to six people.
- Sectional + accent ottoman: If you have more room to work with, consider going for a living room set with a sectional. (Bonus points if it comes with an accent ottoman – which you can effortlessly use to double as a chic coffee table when needed!)
Each arrangement of living room sets comes with its own distinct style features and details.
Here are just a few:
- Accent upholstery: In most living room sets that feature three or more pieces, at least one piece will be designed as the “accent” – upholstered in a statement color and/or pattern.
- Throw pillow designs: Another feature to look for when choosing a living room set is the design of the throw pillows. With such fun upholstery options to choose from, they pretty much act as smaller, softer, more “portable” versions of accent furniture!
- Versatile style options: When it comes to finding furniture that will fit in with your ever-changing taste, versatility is major. Luckily, most living room sets come in colors and with other aesthetic details designed for neutrality – so they can blend in with any style, any time.