Stools with filters applied37 items starting at $125
'Fit Anywhere' Stools
Stool Style Ideas
Decorative stools are compact and portable, so you can use them to fill in any areas of awkward, empty space in a living room or bedroom. A common example of this is the area next to a TV + stand; most furniture in a living room is arranged to face the TV – and at enough of a distance from the TV for comfortable viewing. Because of this, it’s easy to see how the space to the right or left of a TV is usually left empty (and, not to mention, a bit awkward).
Accent tables, armchairs and other living room decorative pieces are usually too bulky to fit in the often-narrow areas between the TV stand and the living room walls – with the exception of stools. Slim enough to fit in just about anywhere – including the TV area – yet bold enough to offer their own ‘punch’ of standout style without ‘getting lost’ in the background, decorative stools are one of the easiest ways to ‘fill in’ empty, awkward spaces – near the TV stand or otherwise!
Accent Stool Types and Features
- Decorative Stools with Wood Legs: Decorative stools with wood legs offer a rustic-chic feel – and added height.
- Decorative Perforated Stools: For unexpected ‘contemporary-chic,’ opt for stools with geometric ‘cutouts;’ hollowed-out stools with patterns of holes in unique shapes like flowers and scallops not only bring statement style – they also make for lightweight portability!
- Decorative Upholstered Stools: To turn a regular stool into a plush, cozy seat perfect for the living room, bedroom or even entryway, choose an accent stool upholstered with soft materials over deep comfort cushions.
- Decorative Storage Stools: Stools don’t have to be just for decorative or seating purposes – they can also serve as conspicuous storage solutions! Many modern stools come with lift-tops and hollowed designs for a clever way to hide and organize your clutter.
- Decorative Woven Stools: Woven stools bring a cozy, casual-chic vibe – and, when made from durable materials like polyurethane, can even be placed on patios, backyards and other outdoor areas.
- Decorative Ceramic Stools: Glossy ceramic stools bring a touch of elegance – especially when kept in classic, versatile monochromes like sleek black or eggshell white.
- Decorative Teak Stools: For more of a boho-chic vibe, consider a stool made from coastal materials like teak or bamboo – and stick to light, organic colors for a breezy feel.
For easy stool decor ideas, check out 7 Ways to Style a Stool.