Set of 3 Faux Leather Benches1 item starting at $875
Whether it is for the hallway, living room, bedroom or even office, an accent bench will add the seating and style you need to give any area of your home an extra bit of cozy chic flair.
Types of Benches
While most benches feature an extended seat designed for more than one person, not all look the same or come with the same sets of features.
- Accent benches: Although accent benches are designed to be used as standout decor, many modern designs also feature ultra-comfy, durable construction – so that they can also double as chic living room seating.
- Bedside benches: For unexpected (yet stylish) bedroom seating, opt for a bedroom bench; like living room benches, bedroom benches are designed to be used for both comfy lounging and stylish decor. You can even place one at your bedside to elongate the look of your bed – and for an easy place to toss your pillows when it’s time for bed!
- Living room benches: Designed to complement sofas, armchairs and other living room staples, living room benches often come in soft upholstery for lounging comfort – and versatile colors to match any decor.
- Day benches: Day benches offer versatile looks designed to pair well with every type of style.
- Storage benches: Storage benches feature an innovative organizational component – simply lift the top of the bench to reveal spacious inner storage compartments!
- Hallway benches: Aptly named, hallway benches are designed specifically for hallways and entryways and one of the easiest ways to add practical seating – and a touch of chic decor – to otherwise hard-to-style spaces.
- Vanity benches: Although they come in smaller sizes and usually can only seat one person, vanity benches make getting ready in your bathroom – and specifically, at your vanity – elegant and effortless.
Styling with an Accent Bench
In terms of adding a chic flair while still maintaining a sleek, streamlined aesthetic, accent benches, and in particular, longer accent benches that can seat around three people, tend to do best when they’re styled alone – apart from other décor, as the main ‘standout’ element in a corner or space. One of the easiest ways to do this is to place an accent bench against a stretch of empty wall; the bold silhouette of a chic bench against a clean backdrop will create a crisp point of focus – and help to bring an elegant, elevated look to any interior.