Shop Patterned Chairs
With such an array of upholstery options to choose from, patterned accent chairs are one of the easiest and affordable ways to transform a living room or bedroom with refreshing style.
Types of Patterned Accent Chairs:
Patterned accent chairs come in many shapes, sizes – and patterns. From dots and stripes to florals and sunsets, the style options are endless. Here are just a few of the patterns you will find in some of the most popular patterned accent chairs available today:
- Chevron accent chairs. The geometric lines and crisp colors of the chevron pattern is the perfect way to give a transitional room a modernistic edge.
- Floral accent chairs. Roses, magnolias and other botanicals printed in subdued colors across a soft accent chair are sure to sweeten up any space.
- Abstract accent chairs. Thought-provoking art isn’t just for museums! Look for abstract patterns and interesting colors to add visual interest to an otherwise uninspired design.
- Striped accent chairs. High in versatility yet still super stylish, stripes are renowned among designers for their elongating properties; use them to open up a small space!
- Plaid accent chairs. Rustic meets farmhouse meets country when you style a standout accent chair – especially one made of distressed wood – with plaid or gingham upholstery.
- Trellis accent chairs. A design classic, trellis is the perfect way to add depth to and contrast with an overall solid, monochrome palette.
- Paisley accent chairs. A little bit retro, a little bit country and a whole lot chic – the dainty lines and feminine curlicues of paisley patterned accent chairs, especially in bright colors, will be sure to soften up any space.
How to Transform a Space with a Patterned Accent Chair
- Scope out the overall color scheme of your existing living room or bedroom. If your space currently features two or three main colors, then pick one of those colors as the featured color of your patterned chair. If your space features more than three, adding a patterned accent chair to the mix will most likely make your space feel loud and chaotic – so consider stripping down the palette.
- Enter a minimalist mindset. To make a patterned accent chair stand out, you want the surrounding décor to be kept to a minimum. If you’re planning on placing the chair to the side of a sofa, remove any patterned items currently in the area that could compete with the design, such as a tablecloth or curtains.
- Balance with a throw. On its own, a patterned accent chair is designed to feel bold and attention grabbing, but if your style is a bit more subdued, consider offsetting it with a solid neutral blanket draped over the backrest and one arm. This will help to soften and break up stretches of uninterrupted pattern with a calming center of focus – without detracting from the chic upholstery!