Armchair Accent Chairs218 items starting at $175
- Assembled (116)
- With Tight Back (92)
- With Tapered Legs (84)
- With Foam Cushions (83)
- With Arms (68)
- Made in the USA (60)
- With Track Arms (47)
- With Rolled Arms (45)
- Tufted (30)
- Deep Seated (12)
- With Down Cushions (12)
- Nailhead (10)
- Curved (8)
- Floor (8)
- Club (4)
- High Back (4)
- Oversized (4)
- Wingback (2)
- With Adjustable Headrests (2)
- Armless (1)
- Slipper (1)
- With Piping (1)
We’re just going to come out and say it: no living room is complete without the cozy, familiar, warm, all-too inviting charm of a good, comfy armchair.
What Is an Armchair?
Featuring sofa-like cushioning, easy-to-lounge-in designs and a pair of practical armrests, armchairs take luxury comfort seriously.
Types of Armchairs
- The classic armchair. While spin-offs and trends come and go, the original design, complete with plush arms and cozy upholstery, will always remain a living room classic.
- The flared armchair. Incorporating flared edges into furniture is an effortless way to refresh timeless pieces with an edgy spin. In armchairs, look for tapered legs or ‘winged’ arms to bring out classic comfort with a subtle hint of unexpected detail.
- The swivel armchair. Think of the swivel armchair as the living room equivalent of the office chair – sleek lines get traded for plush cushions, durable metals for cozy upholstery, and a corporate feel for a warm, inviting design.
- The tufted armchair. If plain furniture upholstery is leaving you feeling uninspired, consider an armchair stitched with deep-button tufting; the stunning pattern offers a crisp, timeless aesthetic to refresh any space – without detracting from the comfort of luxuriously cozy cushioning.
- The reclining armchair. Just as its name implies, the reclining armchair allows you to adjust the position of the armchair’s backrest for custom comfort at its chicest.
- The foldover armchair. One of the most innovative styles of armchairs, the ‘foldover’ features an upholstered design just as with regular armchairs, except that the upholstery is strategically loosened – giving the appearance of a ‘draped’ or ‘folded’ over look, and a breezy ‘casual-chic’ aesthetic.
- The oversized chair. The classic armchair, times two (or three), the oversized chair truly takes luxury comfort to the next level.
Where to Place an Armchair
Here are just a few ideas for where to place your new armchair:
- In the corner of the bedroom. Armchairs and bedroom corners are a timeless combination, and an effortless way to create a cozy reading nook with plush, convenient seating.
- In a home office. Put the ‘home’ back into your home office with the warm, inviting familiarity of a plush armchair – go with one in soft fabric for a casual, extra comfy ambiance, or choose luxurious leather for a more sophisticated feel.
- Next to the sofa. Like the bedroom corner, ‘next to the sofa’ is a classic, familiar arrangement – especially when the armchair is in the same upholstery as the sofa. Conversely, mix-and-match fabrics bring a fresh spin; a patterned armchair next to a solid sofa combines timeless appeal with unexpected style – and makes it effortless to incorporate luxury comfort into your evening routine.