Oversized chairs put the comfort into relaxation. For cozy living room and bedroom lounging, go oversized!
Oversized Chairs Dimensions
Because oversized furniture can be relative – what’s ‘oversized’ in one living room can feel ‘regular’ sized in the next, especially in smaller spaces like studios – always double-check the measurements of the product and the area where you plan to place it before buying.
Popular oversized chair designs range from as “small” as 48” wide and 30” high to as large as 65” wide to 40” high.
Oversized Chair Features and Styles
Oversized chairs take plush, enveloping comfort – along with ergonomically supportive designs – to the next level. And with such a variety of features and styles, incorporating them into your living space is effortless. Here are a few of the common features of oversized chairs:
- Foam Cushioning: Choose between plush and firm comfort levels in a foam oversized chair for customized lounging comfort.
- Down cushioning: If you want a plusher, more enveloping seat cushion comfort, opt for an oversized chair with down cushioning; in most oversized chair designs, down cushions are made of down feathers or a synthetic material engineered to mimic the feel of down feathers.
- Tufted fabric upholstery: If you want your oversized chair to double as a living room or bedroom accent piece, consider tufted upholstery; the pattern of buttons and grooves created by tufting or deep button tufting offers a cozy, traditional aesthetic.
- Elegant nailhead trim: Nailhead trim is another ‘finishing touch’ that adds instant elegance and which will blend in with any style.
- Flare arms: For a modern touch, opt for oversized chairs with arms that slightly flare out; the unexpected taper brings a sleek aesthetic as well as extra arm support.
- Boxed (square) seat: Boxed seats aren’t just for sports games – they’re also an easy way to incorporate an extra-spacious seating area into an oversized chair. For added height, look for boxy or square seats with raised layers of cushioning.
- Welted seam line: Welted seams – or seams with an upholstered line or ‘cord’ running along it – add a chic flair to standard oversized chairs.
Although oversized chairs are designed technically for one person, they also offer just enough room for two people to cozy up together. If you are looking for a seating option that’s smaller than a loveseat but larger than a standard chair, consider an oversized chair.
Have you ever wondered about the best accent chair for your style personality? Check out the tips in 7 Accent Chairs for Every Personality.