Glass Coffee Tables
Refresh your space with a glass coffee table!
Why Choose a Glass Coffee Table?
In the world of interior design, glass holds the remarkable ability to give any room it is in a bigger, breezier and generally more elegant feel. When in a living room, a glass coffee table offers a stunning point of focus, and contrasts nicely with textured materials such as wood and metal. Plus, the sleek surface of a glass coffee table makes it easy to clean (and keep clean), and its virtually colorless hue pairs well with any design scheme.
Types of Glass Coffee Tables
There truly is no such thing as a ‘typical’ glass coffee table; here are just a few of the variations!
- Glass tables: While it is not ‘typical,’ the one-material finish of the all-glass model is a classic.
- Glass-and-metal tables: When the metal is distressed, it offers an antique flair, but when it is sleek, it creates a modern contemporary vibe.
- Glass-and-wood tables: Sleek meets rustic when you pair glass and wood.
- Glass, metal and wood tables: Industrial chic at its finest!
- Mirrored glass tables: An unexpected favorite, a mirrored finish offers glamorous charm.
- Glass coffee tables with storage: You don’t have to compromise spacious storage for elegant style; get them both with a glass coffee table with drawers.
Glass Coffee Table Styling Tips
You have measured your room, done the research and finally picked out the perfect glass coffee table for your space. Now comes the fun part: styling it! While how you choose to style your table is (and should be) completely up to your preferences, here are just a few tips to keep in mind when picking out your decorative accents:
- Keep it simple. The glass is already a statement accent in its own right, so there is no need to go overboard on the décor. If the surface feels dull or lonely, place a single vase or tray to punctuate the space while keeping a minimalistic feel.
- Limit glass accents. Glass on glass may be one of the most elegant looks of all time, but it’s also one of the easiest to overdo. Place a glass or crystal glass figurine or tray on a glass tabletop and restrict the rest of the décor to coffee table books, metallic candleholders or other colorful accents.
- Remember symmetry. In the world of design, there is perhaps nothing as pleasing to the eye as a symmetry, so when styling your table, shoot for balance. If, for example, you know you want to showcase your favorite glossy coffee table book, offset its low height and sleek texture by pairing it next to a tall distressed candleholder.